Friday 6 May 2011

Welsh Assembly Elections

Here's the statistics for Wales, straight from the BBC.


Labour - 30 seats (+4 from 2007)
Conservatives - 14 seats (+2)
Plaid Cymru - 11 seats (-4)
Liberal Democrats - 5 (-1)
Everyone else - 0 (+0)


For those who are arithmetically challenged, this means that Labour are just one person away from a total majority in the Senedd. A crying shame, that - it means that we're probably going into coalition. I hope it's with the Liberal Democrats, although that probably wouldn't be a popular move for them.


The referendum on alternative vote is being counted now. Here's hoping for a "yes", but I can't say I care very much.


(Posting from my mobile phone, incidentally. I've got a bit of free time, so... why not?)

2 comments:

  1. And the "no to AV" campaign went off without a hitch. Goddammit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know you can worry about the important things in life.

    ReplyDelete