Wednesday 4 May 2011

Examining the Envelopes (II)

In which I examine envelopes.

Envelope II

"Seek" - again, I consult my dictionary for meanings besides the obvious. It's first seven definitions require a subject, and none is provided. Without object, it means "to make inquiry". So, perhaps, it is the writer making inquiries or, perhaps, telling me to make my own? Mayhap this be related to the Eyes of God thingy?

Now, I've already gone over "Janus". Roman god of doors, as I recall. This, to me, is obviously a reference to my episode with the door - did my mysterious mailer meet me on the night, and I told him of my hallucinations?

The poem. An extract from "Death Be Not Proud" by John Donne. It refers to killing death itself, whereas this simply takes a few lines from it. I can only ponder as to why these lines were chosen, as if one was to be dramatic, surely "death, thou shalt die" would be better lines?

Triangle-with-a-line-through-it. No clue.

"Aporia II". I have dealt with the Roman numerals before; perhaps they are merely a way of showing In rhetoric, it is used to mean "feigned doubt, used to establish a proposition". Now, this interests me. Mainly because of "Janus". I will not say why, however, at present - I need to ponder a little more, lest I repent.

That's both of them. And now I'm bored again. I am, of course, working on Friday once again, though. If anyone could provide me answers regarding the symbols, I'll be happy to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment