Sunday 15 May 2011

Someone Broke In

No, that's a stupid post title. You all know that someone broke into my house last night. After all, they left a post on the damn blog.

My camera's gone. That was the first thing I noticed. Along with about £30 that I had in my wallet (which was all that was in my wallet, incidentally). There's probably other things, but those were the first things I noticed.

I'm phoning the police. I cannot be dealing with this at the moment. But I'm not telling them about the blog. It isn't important, and some stupid message about my phone? No way. I doubt the envelopes were from the same source, either, and I've got no proof they were here. My little thief took them, too (they were under my camera, so perhaps the thief presumed they were bills or something).

But I did find something interesting. In place of the camera, there was a little bit of paper. I think it was cut from the same sheet as the last envelope's paper, but can't be sure. It says "CUT", and on the back, it has that damn symbol again. Based on the orientation of the paper, it looks like "cut" was on the same side as "SHUFFLE". Which makes sense. What do you do after you shuffle a deck? You cut it.

So, yeah. I've phoned my boss (while I was typing this), and I'm now phoning the police. But before I do that, I'm going to go down a kettle of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment