Wednesday 18 May 2011

A Virus?

I'm in my computer's Safe Mode at the moment. Why?

My last post was interrupted by a pop-up. Immediately after, it sent my blog post before I could complete it, and without my consent. The pop-up immediately expanded, filling the whole of my monitor. If any of you have used AIM, it looked a bit like an AIM window. Moments later, words appeared on the screen; it was rather similar to an instant messaging conversation. Here is the transcript, as recorded by me. C is what I inputted; A.M., presumably, is from a foreign source.

<AM> Hello.
<C> ...hello?
<AM> That's what I said, yes.
<C> What is this?
<AM> Useful.
<C> Seriously.
<AM> This is something a former friend made for me. Think of it as forced instant messaging.
<C> Okay. Who are you?
<AM> I am what I am. I am Mercury. I am Achromatic Morality.
<C> Why did you break into my house?
<AM> Why not?
<C> That's not an answer.
<AM> Yes, it is.
<C> Fine. Why did you take my camera and the envelopes?
<AM> For the envelopes, my fingerprints were all over them. I didn't think to wear gloves.
<AM> As for the camera, it's because you strike me as a trigger-happy person.
<C> You know, "trigger-happy" normally refers to guns.
<AM> Cameras are far more dangerous then guns in this game.
<C> "Game"? I'm glad you think of stealing my stuff as a game.
<AM> Don't be so pedantic.
<C> Whatever. The envelopes...
<AM> What about them?
<C> How did you know about the Doors before I told a soul about them?
<AM> I didn't.
<C> Then how did you know to say "Janus"?
<AM> Janus was not just the god of doors. He is the god of beginnings and transitions; the god of gates, endings and times.
<AM> That's a good range of meanings. I chose him on the basis that there was no way it wouldn't be applicable.
<C> And "epic"?
<AM> Greek god of discord, Eris. "Epic", as you say, is how the Greeks would write it.
<C> On the same basis as Janus, I'm guessing.
<AM> Nope.
<AM> Eris means discord. Concordia means "harmony".
<C> ...
<AM> Just my little joke.
<C> What about the other stuff?
<AM> Work it out for yourself.
<C> Whatever.
<C> Wait. When did this program get onto my computer?
<AM> At the same time as the post.
<C> Ah.
<C> Why did you take my money?
<AM> Because I'm desperate.
<AM> I initiated this conversation for one reason.
<C> What is it?
<AM> I want to meet you. Face-to-face, on neutral ground.
<C> You must be out of your tiny mind.
<AM> Says the man who left his back door open.
<C> Whatever.
<AM> Sunday. Cardiff Central. Eight PM.
<C> What makes you think I'll turn up?
<AM> Call it a hunch. See you then.

And then the program closed. The logs popped up a moment later. I will note that at points, the program didn't accept my inputs from the keyboard; I'm not sure if it's moderation or not, though.

I am unsure of what of whether to go or not. I'm running all of my antivirus programs now to try and find the program, although I'm not confident.

11 comments:

  1. An Anonymous Fox19 May 2011 at 07:13

    If you ever need my help with anything feel free to let me know.


    -A.A.F

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Anonymous Fox19 May 2011 at 07:27

    I'll come with you if must.

    -A.A.F

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... that fills me with confidence, anonymous stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Anonymous Fox20 May 2011 at 10:36

    I live near the meeting area.

    I'll meet up with you both and try to help.

    (I have a google account, same name as this. PM me if you want.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Concordia, don't trust strangers.

    Especially those who name themselves "fox."

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slender Man is fictional. Trust me.

    I don't want you there, if I go. Meeting one anonymous creep is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  10. An Anonymous Fox24 May 2011 at 16:02

    Well, is there any way i can help you on here?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dont be so sure about Slendy being fiction, I see him as very real, Very Real, indeed.

    ReplyDelete