Wednesday 13 April 2011

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

The time is 2:30AM. I have to be awake and at work by seven o'clock.


Dammit.


While it may very well be my extreme tiredness talking, I am incredibly cynical about this. Hundreds of blogs must be made by people every day; how many of them last a week? How many are read normally? Not many, I am sure - and why should I be any different? I'm an untalented idiot.


... you know, it is only when I wrote that down that I realised how childish it made me seem. How foolish of me.


Perhaps a "proper" introduction is in order. My name, as you can see, is Concordia. You may think that this is hardly a real name: and indeed, it is not. It's a pseudonym; I have no intention of revealing my name to you all. Google is not hard to operate; if one of my co-workers found this, I would probably end up out of a job.


Speaking of my work, that is largely the problem. To put it lightly, I do not work in a field that is conducive to good health: indeed, it is in the health profession, which could be considered an irony. It is... stressful. I work shifts that are too long for comfort for too long a period of time.


... that seems so damn childish of me. Let us ignore this; I must apologise for the whining inherent in this post. I'm very tired. I wasn't even going to do this, but everything seems better when you haven't slept for this long. Whatever.


I am planning to use this blog as something of a stress reliever. While nobody will read it, perhaps somebody will, y'know? Maybe they'll sympathise, maybe they'll offer some emotional support.


This is reality, though. The advice I get will be useless, and certainly without merit.


And there goes the cynicism again. Sod this, I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment