Friday 15 April 2011

Around an Axle

I'm not a person inclined to philosophy, but I have been thinking.

People cling to life so desperately. Trying to escape the crushing wheel of fate, as it cuts the rightful path through history. "I don't want to die". It's almost pathetic. I don't believe in predestination; I don't believe in the Grim Reaper.

All of life is a wonderful, blessed shared dream. You enter it, you exist in it; you don't even know it. But the wheel of the world's fate does not stop - it moves forward. But the wheel of your fate? It turns and turns, and the dream continues. Until it stops - when it stops, the dream ends. And when the dream ends?

You die.



Oh dear me, I was feeling a little artsy. Is that how I feel, how I think? Not in the slightest, so writing that out would be wasted ink. The universe's wonders are not meant for wanderers and ponderers. If life has a meaning, knowing it would be a bit demeaning. Life's what you make of it, every little bit.

It's too early in the morning for me to be moaning. Philosophy's not my cup of tea, I'd sooner be stung by a goddamn bee.

1 comment:

  1. Chromatic Morality18 April 2011 at 22:19

    It is all an endless dream.

    And yet, one day, delusion must come to an end...

    ReplyDelete