Monday 25 April 2011

I Hate my Relatives -Part Two-

Listen up, kids, 'cause this is where it gets weird.

From what I can remember, I walked away from the station. I think the idea was to walk to the nearest town so I could use a payphone to get a taxi or something. It doesn't matter. As divulged previously, I got lost.

So, I ended up wandering the woods. I'm not sure where they were, exactly, but they were fairly large. I kept wandering; I was in a lucid state of mind, so the noises I heard probably didn't bother me. I kept wandering, wondering when I'd reach the town.

For all of my foggy memories when it comes to important stuff, this next bit is... well, preserved on my brain. I don't plan to throw it down a drain. I walked into a clearing, and saw some curious trees in front of me. Even though the fog had rolled in, I knew that most of the trees in this forest were tall, strong; not these ones. They were tangled and gnarled; they twisted together at some point, leaning against each other to raise themselves higher.

And between the trunks of these trees, I saw a Door.

Now, you may ask why I bolded that, and gave it a capital letter. That door wasn't like normal doors. It just... it seems like something you'd use a capital letter for. Something that sees it's name spelled with the lower-case d and slaps you for it. As for the bold... it seems fitting. It seemed... real. More real then things that are real.

That doesn't make sense. But it seemed to stand out, to jump out. Like compared to it, the rest of the world was a dimension behind it. Now, I can list off some little things about the Door. For one, it was made of solid wood; like, a really expensive wood, the name of which escapes me. Not like the rotting wood of the trees at all. Secondly, it was a double-leaf door. As in, there was a vertical divide between two panels. I noted, here, that there were no door handles, but that I could not see the door's hinges, so you'd push the Door open. Thirdly, the moon was behind it. The trees beside it cast shadows, but the Door did not.

So, I, in my addled state, walked towards the Door and pushed it open. Beyond it... I can't really remember. Lots of white, large, shining buildings; I was, I admit, quite entranced by them. Holding the Doorframe, I put a foot into it, and then another. I was almost ready to let go of the Doorframe, to walk into it...

Then I came to my senses, and took two steps back. And then my memory goes really foggy again. The next thing I know, it's morning. I'm sat in the dirt, looking up at the sun rising. I'm in a forest, no fog.

I began walking again, and find a road. I look at the sign.

I won't say where I was, but it was pretty damn far from my planned train route. I spent most of Sunday walking along the road to a town, asking where the train station is and if I can hire a taxi, and stuff like that. Got back pretty damn late.

What happened? I've got a pretty damn good guess. Given my faulty memory, lucid state and obvious hallucinations... presumably speaking, I must have accidentally taken some hallucinogenics when I was at the funeral, or the house afterwards. I didn't take anything but money with me, and it's all there (besides taxi fare). It's just annoying to interact with my extended family for a couple of hours, then find myself hallucinating about doors. Simply put, I think it's likely that I hallucinated the Door, then got lost. I might well have gone back to the station and caught a train to the place where I woke up.

I found another envelope this morning. Musta been posted before I woke up. I haven't opened it yet. I'll do that tomorrow, after work. I still feel tired from all that walking.

Fuck my relatives. Painfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment